KET provides scholarship to the meritorious students based on the performance in KET Scholarship Test.
Number of Scholarships: Two
Amount: Rs 300 per month for first two years and Rs 400 per month for the next two consecutive years.
Contingency: Rs 1000 per annum
Tenure: Four years (9th to 12th standard).
1. All the applicants should be either born at Kakching or his/her fore‐father should be from Kakching.
2. All the applicants should be either appearing or appeared VIII standard at the time of written test.
It comprises of a written test and an interview with the weightage of 6:4 respectively. (There are other awards and activities based on the test and/or interview. For more details Click Here.)
Duration: 2 hours.
Syllabus: Manipur Board textbooks and NCERT textbooks up to VIII standard.
Section I : Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (160 marks).
Section II : General Awareness, Reasoning, History, Geography (160 marks).
Section III : Reading Comprehension (questions and answers), English Grammar (80 marks).
Question Nature: All the questions will be either in multiple choices or fill in the blanks.
Marking systems: Each question carries 4 marks. For every wrong answer, one mark will be deducted. Cut ‐off mark : 40%
1. Best 20 candidates will be selected from the written test for an interview. Each one will be awarded consolation prize.
2. Base on the performance of the written test and the interview, two best candidates will be awarded “KET SCHOLARSHIP”.
Note: Residence proof and VIII std pass mark sheet/ provisional certificate should be produced at the time of interview.
Terms and Conditions:
1. KET SCHOLARS are required to maintain 60% (in theory papers) in the final or board examinations.
2. A KET panel will monitor the progress of the KET scholars every year.
3. The KET board decisions will be the final on the selection and cancellation of the KET SCHOLARSHIPS.
List of KET Scholarship Holders